Metal Work & Custom Fabrication
Alex has been working with metal for more than 20 years and maintains a complementary metal work and custom design business.
Drawing upon his sculptural aesthetic, Alex designs and makes contemporary gates, pergolas, architectural metal work, water features and fountains, trellises, shop and restaurant fit outs, lighting and furniture, and all manner of bespoke items.
Alex can provide a range of metal work services including design, CAD, consultations, fabrication and repair work.
If you have a concept design, Alex can provide advice on construction possibilities and techniques, work up a technical design for you (including full 3D viewable CAD files), and if desired, fabricate it. Or he can work directly from your own supplied drawings.
Dining Table and Chairs
Previous projects include:
- armatures for sculptors and school art projects
- heavy duty (2 tonne) turntables for sculptors
- 3D pantograph pointing devices for sculptors
- fabrication work for other designers, both directly from their
- drawings and developing drawings and designs from their concepts
- ring rolling machines
- internal steel frameworks for large scale stone plinthes
- multi-axis support arm for astronomical binoculars
- various pieces of functional furniture including work benches and
- machine tool stands
- roof racks
- gates, security gates and grills
- and all manner of unusual design projects.